The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Knitting Ennui

The knitting, she no go so good. The Forest Canopy Shawl is on hold, pending the purchase of a circular needle. I thought I'd be able to get away with straights but the extra long ones I'm using are too much of a pain in the butt. I feel as though I'm knitting with 2 X 4's or something.

The Oak Leaf And Acorn scarf is also on hold, pending divine intervention from the Yarn Gods. Next time I'm undoing a provisional cast-on I'll umm ... go a bit slower. So that I actually wind up with the 41 stitches I'm supposed to have instead of the oh ... 26 I have now. I'm not really sure where the other 15 stitches have disappeared to. However I think it safe to say that it would be rather obvious an error had occured if half the scarf was knit with 41 stitches and the other half 26.

So in the last two or three days I've cast on for umpteen socks, scarves and shawls. And frogged all of them. Sigh.

Or perhaps I'll cast on for Evelyn Clark's Flower Basket Shawl with this -

Hmm. Crap. I thought I'd uploaded that picture. Well hold that thought and I'll get back to you.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    This is so not good. I suggest a very simple shawl pattern in Newgrange Trek laceweight. Maybe even a garter stitch shawl?

    That or a nice vanilla pair of socks.

    Or a good stiff drink??

    Sorry.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thinking the good stiff drink is the solution :)

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You definitely must cast on for something new. AFTER you have the stiff drink that trek recommends ;-)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I went through this for about a month last year. Nothing felt right. It ended. It always does.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pictures are not going well in Bloggerland these days. Boo!

    I'm with Julie...drink up!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmmm...I think you need soemthing stiffer than a drink.
    Oh, wait...did I just say that?
    I meant needles. Stiffer needles.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.
    Really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home