The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lace On A Lamp

I am calling this highly artistic photograph "Lace On A Lamp." Some people might know it as "Branching Out" from Knitty but I like to state the obvious.



Didn't My Blocker do a lovely job? She's a very talented woman. And quick too! And has the world's most beautiful baby. Anyway, for those of you interested in yarn (ha) this was knit in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool in the colorway "I've Forgotten." On whatever size needles the pattern calls for. This was my first lace project and while the general consensus is, is that Branching Out is a beginner's pattern, I wouldn't readily agree. Or maybe I'm just lace challenged.

I wore it to work yesterday, telling everyone that wearing a scarf was my "condescension" to the cold weather. Nice mangling of the English language there, April.



You know the world is aware of your sock yarn obsession when you start getting e-mails from your LYS telling you they have new yarn in the store. This is Colinette's "Jitterbug" sock yarn. I'd love to tell you all the pertinent details about it but I'm at work and the yarn is at home. But it's nice to look at, regardless.



Andy likes to play fetch.

I love bubble baths. Especially on cold nights which it was last night. I like them so much that I have a tendency to fall asleep in the tub.

Apparently Andy still doesn't understand that when Mommy's eyes are closed, Mommy is asleep.

Let us now bow our heads in mourning for the loss of our dear friends, Squeaker Fish (death by drowning), Mr. Mousie (death by drowning) and Catnip Pillow (death by drowning.)

6 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I try to be quick when I'm being overpaid. :)

    Can't wait to see what you'll knit next. I'm really set up to block doilies. You should try one of those. Ahahaha.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the death by drowning of Andy's friends. Last night at 6PM it was 80. This morning at 6AM, it was 33. I'm freaking cold! I think a bubble bath may be just the thing for me tonight!

    BTW, that scarf is beeeeyootiful!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry for your loss. And impressed by Andy's positive thinking. I mean, he didn't just try one toy...he gave three of 'em a shot!

    Your blocker is truly talented. As is the knitter in this case!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Ew - drowned cat toys in your bath water!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it!!!! Your blocker is a woman of genius.

    And you, for knitting Branching Out, are a knitter of genius!

    I am contemplating sending something to Julie to block. It's a long way from Canberra to Charlston though, I think. And I doubt it'd be back before Christmas!

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Wow, your new art piece, er, scarf rocks. Great job! It looks good backlit, too. Kind of hard to wear it that way unless you buy one of those shirts that has built-in LEDs.

    I think drowned toys in bathwater would be very tickly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home