The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Work Weirdness

I'm not a morning person. Not by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, mornings are rare around my place on the weekend. Unfortunately, my place of employment seems to embrace the concepts of morning and since they so generously pay me, I must subject myself to their whim.

I usually roll in around 9:30. I'm generally awake by noon. But today, well the receptionist was out sick so I had to report for duty at 8 friggin' 30 to await the arrival of the temp. For an hour and a half I was expected to be chirpy and pleasant on the phone. I can barely remember my name that early, let alone where I work and how to transfer a call. Trust me, there was more than occasion when I picked up the receiver and drew a complete blank on what to do next.

Thankfully the temp showed up at 10 and I could relinquish my post. Knowing that the FedEx dude had probably come and gone I decided to wander back to Shipping to see if any fibery goodness had arrived for me. Blurry eyed, clutching a cup of coffee I stumbled into the warehouse and ...

WIDE AWAKE NOW!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EWWWW! What is it?

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Where is it that you work again?

    I'm home with a cold and that lovely piece of Geiger anatomy just about scared my cold away!

    Sadly, not quite. {sniffle}.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Must have been the day for it.
    We had a customer in the office and his cell phone and laptop had the most obnoxious alert sound effects I've heard in a long time.
    I think I may need an appointment with the cardiologist now...

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Great Googly Moogly!!! That'll wake a girl up!

    I leave the house at 6:30 each morning for a 7:15 arrival at school. Thankfully, I am a morning person. Afternoons, though? You don't even want to know me!! ;)

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, cool! I wish we had that kind of excitement where I work. Our shipping department is lame.
    You should have some yarnly goodness tomorrow I'd think. (Does THAT wake you up?)

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Hehehe... looks shiny :)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Uh, now I'm curious about where it is you work, that you have *that guy* in the office! I'm pretty sure he'd wake me up, too.

    BTW, saw your post about your new babies, and congrats! They are adorable!

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home