The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Please Welcome ...

Stanton Ernest

And

Jersey Louis

In my continuing effort to become the Dr. Doolittle of the Bay Area, I present to you the latest additions to my family. Stan and Jersey are twin Nigerian dwarf goats. Right now they're the size of beagles but eventually they'll be about as large as a Labrador retriever. They are "wethers" which means they don't have their little dingle balls anymore. So no breeding but because they're SHOW QUALITY I can take them to umm ... goat shows. Maybe I'll win a ribbon like trek did for her socks.

They're going to have their own little stall at the same ranch my friend Traci boards her horse. I'm going to turn it into a goat playground with tires and ladders and a dog house for them to sleep in. I originally only wanted one goat but their owner says they're very attached to one another so who am I to break up a family?

Stan and Jersey with mom, Moxie

Why goats? Why not? They're much easier to handle than a horse and no one will expect me to ride them on a regular basis. Instead I'm going to train them to walk on a leash, ride in the car and maybe do goat tricks. If there is such a thing as goat tricks. And I'll knit little scarves for them. Which they'll probably eat.

I need to buy a truck. Heck, I need to buy a farm.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Too funny - congrats on the goats!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I used to babysit for a family that had pet goats back in the day. They were waaaay more fun than the kids! Enjoy!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh they are so cute! And why not goats, indeed. I think you should knit them some sweaters :)

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! April, you really have changed since you got back from Up North! Pigmy goats with no "jingle bells", and you're going to leash train them? Ha ha ha ha ha! Be careful, you could become quite the eccentric, walking your goats down Hollywood Boulevard and knitting a pair of socks at the same time. The visuals! The visuals! "Oh, her? that's April. And those are her leash-trained Nigerian Dwarf Goats. But aren't those socks GORGEOUS?"
    I know how great you are with animals, so they'll take to you in no time.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, that is adorable!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    You should knit them Mohair sweaters! It would be very silly!

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    I love the goats,
    they are sooo cute.
    I couldn't leash train my cat,
    so, goodluck.
    Thanks for the visual Dave!
    Lindy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home