The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yo, It's A Mini-Contest

Blah, blah, blah, I have no knitting content tonight. Why? Stupid horses. As God is my witness, as well as all the people in the blogsphere, I will never complain about cleaning a litter box again. Because cleaning a litter box pales in comparison to cleaning a stall. And I'm not even horse sitting any more. But I was at the barn and busy hands are happy hands. Cleaning stalls isn't really difficult. The difficult part is when you have a horse that wants to help. Sniff, sniff. "Is this MY poop?" Sniff, sniff. "Is this rake edible?" Sniff, sniff. "Are there treats in your pocket?" Nibble, nibble. "Mmm, this is one tasty t-shirt you've got on." Sniff, sniff. "Is this really MY poop?" Lick, lick. "I think there's something edible in your ear." Pfffffttttt. "Oh, excuse me, it's the alfalfa."

So let's have a little contest, eh? No massive prize baskets or thousand dollar gift certificates to Yarnmarket. Nope, just one lonely little ball of yarn.

Lana Grossa, 80% superwash wool, 20% polyamid and enough to make a pair of sockies. Would probably make a lovely pair of fall socks. Or Christmas. Give it as a gift at Christmas! Use it instead of twist ties on your garbage bags. Whatever your muse tells you to do. How do you win this lonely little ball of yarn? Leave a comment. Doesn't really matter what you say. "April, you run sucky contests." "April, enough with the Koigu promotions." "April, we're sick of hearing about horses." "April, you are the most wonderful person in Blogland." At 11pm PST tomorrow night (after Law & Order) I'll pull a name out of a really ugly crocheted hat. That hideous blue thing I made with the fun fur fringe. Yes, really. And someone will win this little ol' ball of yarn. I may throw something else in the package like say .... Andy! So enter. It'll be fun. More fun than a barrel of Andys.

In the mail yesterday ...

Another ORIGINAL trek sock bag! Tres elegant wouldn't you say? This would be an appropriate bag for knitting at the symphony. This puts my current collection at 4 "on hand" sock bags and 1 "missing" sock bag (thank you, Andy). And rumor has it, work has begun on the Garden Gnome bags. I hope I remembered to pre-order. Since I know trek's snail mail address by heart and all.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the sock bag and am not just saying that to be entered into the contest. What would you buy if you had a thousand dollar gift certificate at yarnmart?

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Aren't the sock bags the greatest? I use mine almost daily. I've reached the conclusion that horses are really just big cats at heart. Not as good for lap-warming, but I think it's sweet that they try.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I can tell you that April wouldn't buy any Fixation if she won $1000 GC at Yarn Mart!

    Know my address by heart, eh? :o)

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger kitkatknit said…

    I have some horse friends that are just a hoot. They play ball like cats, play fetch with those bigs balls with the handles, run through sprinklers and chase me when I ride by with my scooter every day and give them a meep-meep of my horn. (I am on a road, they are in a fenced field but run the length of it when I honk)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger PBnJ said…

    Hey, I got a kick out of your story about cleaning out the horses stall! :D

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger ikkinlala said…

    A very elegant sock bag indeed. And a funny horse story. Pigs are like that, too, although they more often try to nibble at knee-to-waist-height rather than ear (which is a good thing, because pigs do not nibble gently).

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April!
    I haven't been commenting lately but I've been browsing your posts. Hey, I like horses. :)
    And I've cleaned out stalls before. lol

    Hey, looks like you have been turning out a lot of socks recently! Yay for you! I have not gone there.....yet.

    Go April!
    Amber

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger soapy said…

    another neat Trek bag! YEAH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home