The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Get Yer Drool On


Is. this. not. gorgeous? Oh my word. This came in the mail on Thursday and I finally Lysol-ed the counter enough so that I could place this work of art on it to take a picture. You think I'm kidding don't you? I'm not. This yarn terrifies me. It is so beautiful and feels so wonderful that I'm afraid to touch it. It's 50% silk and 50% merino wool and has a sheen that seems to come from within. This is from Dave's shop, Cabin Cove Mercantile. If you haven't checked out his yarn, you MUST. This young man is the Monet of Yarn. I'm thinking of framing the skein.

Scooping horse poop is seriously impeding the progress on the Baby Cable Rib sock. Did you know that the average horse poops 35 pounds of manure PER DAY? I cleaned six stalls last night, that's 210 pounds of poop. Is it any wonder I need to have a nap every time I come home from the barn? Anyway, I'm finished with the gusset decreases and just need to do the footie and the toesies. My original plan was to have the first sock done this weekend. We can only hope.

I am not exactly what you would call a "child expert." I have no nieces or nephews and very few of my friends have children. Which means I pretty much talk to children like I talk to adults, except with the cuss word filter firmly in place. So when Savannah, my BEST FRIEND, asked me today, "Able, where does the wind come from?" I told her "God has gas." Now how was I to know that she would promptly run screaming the length of the barn, "Mommy, the leaves are blowin' cuz God ate beans!"

Note: Apparently "April" is a hard word to wrap your mouth around when you're only 4. So my new name is now "Able."

2 Comments:

  • At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks, Able! Maybe you should put the yarn in a bowl on the coffee table. Then you can look at it and play with it abd build up the courage to knit yourself something pretty with it.
    LOVE your new socks, great colors.
    Thanks for the God Farts comment, too funny!

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Oh, dear. I should have warned you. Um, preschoolers make connections like you wouldn't believe. Or, rather, like you would not have believed but now you do.

    Some of them (like mine) also have steel traps for minds and forget nothing you ever promised them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home