The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, February 10, 2006

TGIF

Last night was the weekly meeting of the Silicon Valley Stitchers, a group I started three months ago. You would be hard pressed to find a more delightful group of ladies. Every now and again I get ambitious and try to teach something. Last night we made Janelle's heart-shaped dishcloth, a picture of which I posted a few days ago. Jenny, Iris and Lynn all did extremely well and I was quite pleased. I love teaching the very few things I know.


Yeah, yeah, I know. You're just here for the announcement of FANTASTIC PRIZE # 3. Fine then, here it is. "Big Book Of Crochet." Frankly I think they need to redo the title; shouldn't it be "THE Big Book Of Crochet." Perhaps they were on a budget. Anyways it's fresh from Barnes & Noble, the spine hasn't even been cracked. 120 projects for you to pick and choose between. 206 pages. All for just one teeny weeny 12" square. And we're only on day 3!


Good Lord there's a horse in my blog! NO, I am not giving away a horse as well. The horse is here so that I can promote my friend Joe's website; www.tbfriends.com . Joe and his wife Cathy own a ranch in Woodland, CA where they rescue off the track thoroughbreds. And just about every other animal you can think of. Each day Joe posts about life on a rescue ranch. He runs contests to give away horses to worthy homes. No, he doesn't get these horses for free, BUT he gives them away for free. To little girls and some not so little girls who's lifelong dream has been to own a horse. Joe's webpage is the first thing I read every morning because, as he frequently reminds us, "There is good in everything."

2 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice group last night. I did stay until I finished that heart, all but the outer edge!
    There's just not enough hours in the day to get to all the charity projects I want to work on. Your prizes are getting better day after day! I definitely will get to working on at least 1.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm bummed I missed last night's meeting! I'll be there next week!
    (I agree, the book needs a "the"!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home