The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Done. Finished. Complete.

Finally. After goodness knows how many months ... it's done.

Oak Leaf And Acorn Scarf

Of course it still needs to be blocked but I'll just add it in with the other items requiring blocking. Then one night the Blocking Fairies will come and all my scarves and shawls will be officially finished! I can hardly wait. Anyway, the stats - Fearless Fibers 100% merino in fingering weight, the colorway is either "Sand And Surf" or "Surf 'N Turf", something like that. On US 6's. This was the scarf that had to be resurrected after I became a little over zealous in my removal of the thread holding my provisional cast-on in place (thanks again, Nathania!). I don't even recall when I started this project but I'm pretty sure it was last year. Ack.

So with that done, I am left with one ... No, let me start again. So with that done, I've only got ... No, hang on, I need to get this just right. NEENER, NEENER, I'VE ONLY GOT ONE WIP!!! *Smirk* That would be Wisp from the latest issue of Knitty. And it's my "at work" project. Which has left me free to cast on for this. See? I really have developed a serious issue regarding little people sweaters - I want to make them ALL.

I still can't decide if I'm knitting this because the little girl is so dang cute or whether it's because the sweater is so dang cute. Whatever. And, and, and, I'm using the yarn the pattern calls for. It's all a bit much, isn't it? But mine will be in "Violet" which is more like periwinkle, if you ask me. Also, I must say, I really like this Lion Brand Cotton Ease. It feels like a quality yarn and if you didn't already know it was 50% acrylic you may never have guessed.

Well that's it for today, knitting fans. No decision has been made on Victor, instead I'm doing my ostrich impersonation over the whole issue. This sand is kinda gritty ...

6 Comments:

  • At 2:34 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    What is best for Victor?
    I know that I'd love a large, indulged
    and expensive pet,
    but,
    that may not be what is best for a
    happy horse.
    Lindy

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Has the Knit Picks order arrived yet???

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oooooo! Ahhhhh! Such a pretty, pretty scarf!! How is it that you are finshing things left and right and I, the woman who is on vacation for two and a half months, can't seem to do anything but continue to cast on new projects?????

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    you rotten woman ... another super cute free cardi pattern. I am NEVER going to get them all done !

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said…

    There are blocking fairies!?!? How do I get them to come to my house? Cookies? Milk? :)

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Renee Babcock said…

    Hi April, that scarf is beautiful!

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home