The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Nursing Staff


Is that gross or what? Thursday afternoon I went to the doctor and her diagnosis was "chipped bone, ugly ankle, elevate for 48 hours." So yesterday I was off work AGAIN. I'm getting a lot of knitting done but I'm also starting to talk back to the T.V.. "Yeah Spencer, you're gonna DIE." Everyone is pregnant on "One Life To Live", Martha Stewart showed me how to make fairy wings from used pantyhose and wire coat hangers, and if I order now, I can get two Speedy Swifter brooms for only $19.95.

Fortunately, I have a cracker jack team of nurses standing by to make sure my ankle heals quickly so that I can get back to work.


Here we have Nurse Wilma inspecting the pillow that my foot is supposed to be resting on. It's a good thing I don't have a really fat foot (well except for the swollen part). Nurse Wilma doesn't like to be disturbed.


Nurse DeeDee awaiting instruction by the medicine cabinet. Observe her alert expression! The look of pure concentration! Focus, DeeDee, focus! Who knows when that wall may go into cardiac arrest!

Yes, I don't know what I'd do without my nursing staff to closely monitor my condition and bring me cold drinks and magazines. But as we've all seen on "ER" the medical profession can be exhausting. The long hours, the stress, the relentless pace, it's overwhelming at times.

Friday, 11am

5 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugly ankle, beautiful nurses!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have only three little words:
    OUCH!OUCH!OUCH!
    I'm sorry for that pain, but the helpers are looking like they are taking a run of the house now. TOO cute.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Heavens April!! Ouch!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Yikes! That ankle actually looks worse than it did when you first showed it! I'm so glad that you have such a crack nursing staff to attend to your needs.

    The Big, Fluffy Kitty and her Smaller, Less-Fluffy Counterpart send their well-wishes and healing thoughts. Get well soon!!!

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor thing, its a good thing you have such hard working nurses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home