The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hot Chicks Want U !!!

Why yes, my television IS broken ... C'mon admit it, when you saw the title of today's entry you thought you'd clicked the wrong link. Yeah, yeah, I know you did.

OK, enough silliness, let's move along. Here is the delivery du jour.

(I know, enough with the random French words)

No, it's not elephant poo. It's wool from CANADA. Hooray for Canada and cheap yarn. Ten skeins to be precise. This is from the nice people at Wool-Tyme and is Briggs & Little's "Heritage" yarn in Light Grey. Heavy worsted weight, 215 yards per skein. That's a total of ... 2,150 yards. Which all needs to be WOUND. Do I have a yarn winder? No. I'm hoping to bribe the nice people at Knitting Arts to let me use theirs. Or maybe I'll just buy my own. And would you believe I actually purchased this yarn for a specific project? Of course since this is wool yarn and it's almost the middle of April I think I'll start it in a few more months ...

Speaking of Canada ... I think it's time for another "Made In Canada" question!!! Now I realize this blog is primarily a crochet blog but I'm thinkin' it's time to give the knitters a little love (well not literally of course). So here's today's prize.

What have we here? Well we have a copy of "Knit Socks! 15 Cool Patterns For Toasty (I almost typed Tastey there, yuck) Feet!" and one ball of Trekking XXL sock yarn. Now I am not a knitted sock savvy girl but I'm pretty sure one skein will do two socks since it's 459 yards / 100g. Isn't it a pretty color? If you like purple, you'll like this yarn. OK, now we need a question. Hmm ... OK, the question is "What is the national animal of Canada?" Post your answer to the blog and remember, if you've won in the last 4 weeks you're not eligible to win the Sock-A-Rama prize.

And since we started this entry with poultry, let us finish with poultry. Allow me to introduce ...

Fifi

Fifi is available for adoption through the Nike Animal Rescue Foundation here in San Jose. According to the Nike website here are a few reasons why you might want to add a chicken to your family.

  1. Chickens enjoy sitting in your lap and being petted.
  2. They can be taught tricks.
  3. They will come when called.
  4. Get along fine with dogs and cats.
  5. Will rid your garden of pests.
Fifi is nearing the end of her "egg laying career" which I suppose is a polite way of saying she's a senior chicken. I don't really know, because I'm not a chicken expert.

Hey, don't look at me like that, I'm just trying to find a home for a chicken.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol, hot chicks!?
    lol
    well, I'm not a knitter, so I think I'll let someone else have a chance at answering this one. :)
    Amber

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang! I wish I could make a guess but I've already won one of your wonderful Canadian quizes. I just have to count the weeks. See you at Crochet Meetup! :)

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger April said…

    Sue,

    You're actually going to be at Meet-Up? Is it raining out? It must not be. Don't let me buy any yarn!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The Beaver!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Specifically, Castor canadensis, the American Beaver.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger April said…

    congratulations to trek, who has just proven you can lead a horse to water AND make him drink! one ball of sock yarn and one sock book is on it's way to you. well it will be once you e-mail me your address. Sakkasie@hotmail.com please.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home