The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

M.I.A.

Fork, I fell off the blogging bus again. This whole car accident business / buying a new car has left me all discombobulated. I am fine with the concept of change at work but not so good with it when it comes to the personal life. Anyway, a new (used) car has been purchased, my case has been settled, checks have been received and life is slowly returning to as normal as it ever was. But of course the toy making hasn't stopped.

I usually like whimsical as opposed to realistic amigurumi but I have to say, I love my squid. He was super fun (and fast) to make and I think he looks pretty realistic. I'm going to have to make more of these. Maybe a squid army.

Another Ugly Bunny. This is Ugly Cyclops Bunny and belongs to the boyfriend's son who sleeps with it. Another quick and easy toy.

Last but not least, a drama llama for a co-worker. I won't go into how hard this was to make but jeebus it was hard to make. I definitely WON'T be making this again. The pattern, by PlanetJune, was perfectly written with lots of photos to help you out along the way. That wasn't the problem. It's just that the whole thing seemed to go on forever and then you have to attach the legs so that they touch at the top and oh Great Googly Moogly that was a PAIN. Doing his "hair" was no walk in the park either. But hey, I learned some new stuff and the co-worker likes it.

Last but not least, another charitable opportunity for my 3 readers. Unless you've been living under a rock, I'm sure you've heard that Joplin, Missouri has been pretty much wiped off the face of the Earth. The call has gone out to make toys for the children of this devastated area. If you're at all interested here's the website, Uglee Dolls 4 Kids. There are both crochet and knit patterns so if you feel inclined ... well you know the drill.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I am glad your car has been sorted out, no wonder you were all discombobulated!!
    Those little creatures are so cute and the llama was worth all the drama!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home