The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well Stocked

Yesterday was 50% Off All Easter Candy day! Or Easter Monday if you're Canadian. It's one of my most favorite days of the year, followed closely by 50% Off All Valentine's Day Candy and 50% Off All Halloween Candy. So in the spirit of the occasion I managed to hit Walgreen's Drugstore, Safeway and the CVS drugstore.

I exhibited remarkable restraint at Walgreen's and Safeway. However, I may have lost it a bit at CVS. Do not shop for 50% Off Easter Candy right before dinner!

Fatal, fatal error. Especially when they had Russell Stover's Coconut Nests on sale. They say as you get older you become more like your parents. It would appear that over the last few years I have developed my mother's passion for chocolate and coconut mixed together. What other possible reason could I have for buying THIRTY Coconut Nests? My original plan was to buy 6. And then I thought, "Oh hell, what's a dozen, they're only 44 cents." But then I started to feel sorry for the rest of the Nests and I thought, "Screw it, I'll just buy the entire box." Allow me to repeat that. I bought the entire box.

There were actually 31 Nests in the box. But as I was standing in line counting them, the lady in front of me turned around and said, "Oh, are those good?" Umm, duh? And then she took one out of my box! Is that not the absolute height of rudeness? I mean, when was the last time you were standing in line at the grocery store and turned around to the person behind you and said, "Oh right, ice cream, that sounds good." And then taken their ice cream? Bloody chocolate thief.

Anyway, the picture above is my desk drawer at work. We've got your Reester Bunny peanut butter filled bunnies (2 bags, $1.49 each), Twizzler Nibs (those weren't on sale but I'm addicted to them), Cadbury Chocolate Cream Eggs, a LOT of Coconut Nests, Lindor White Chocolate Truffles and some Koigu yarn. Buried under the Nests is a bag of York Peppermint Patties and half a Snickers bar. Oh and a Zone Protein Bar because I like to eat healthy.

Do I really need that much chocolate at work? Probably not. But I'm the one everyone comes to when they want a snack. We don't have vending machines at work. We have coffee and we have water. Those are your choices. But now, you can have coffee, water and Coconut Nests! Yay!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Coconut Easter candy - who knew?

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous theknittingway said…

    Wow! I wish I worked with you! I can't imagine someone taking something from your cart! That takes some nerve.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger ZonePerfect said…

    Happy to hear you're a ZonePerfect fan! Thought you might want to sign up for a free sample of our new Sweet & Salty flavor at http://apps.facebook.com/freezpbar ~Brittany @ZonePerfect

     

Post a Comment

<< Home