The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action

I like movies. A lot. When I was a teenager and school would break for summer, I would sleep all day so that I could stay up all night watching old movies on TV. Because, way back then, the VCR hadn't been invented, let alone DVD players, Blu-Ray, High Def, blah, blah, blah. It would be 4 in the morning and my Mom would be standing at the top of the stairs yelling, "April Elizabeth, turn off that TV NOW!"

Not only do I have a Netflix account, I also have a Redbox account. I'd probably have a video store account too if there were any left in this area. I love going to the movies as well, preferably by myself. I've got two theatre passes in my purse as well as a Groupon coupon for two more passes at home. You could probably say I love movies as much as knitting. And they go together so well!

What I don't love so much is writing movie reviews. Because I suck at it. I'm not very good at analyzing movies, I just like to watch them. I pretty much take everything at face value. Obviously I can tell good acting from bad and what defines crappy cinematography (Hello, I can't SEE anything) but I'm not very good with the, "What did he really mean by that?"

But it would be SO great if I could learn to write reviews. This weekend I watched all the movies pictured here. It's all part of my plan to see all ten of the movies that have been nominated for Best Picture. There's a potential blog fodder gold mine goin' on here. Four movies, four blog posts. But for now all I can say is Winters Bone - 2 out of 5 stars, Inception - 4 out of 5 stars, The Social Network - 5 out of 5 stars and The Kids Are All Right - 2 out of 5 stars. But despair not, because today I ordered this:

You can call me "April Ebert."

1 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    My mum saw the first film and liked it well enough, but I haven't seen any of these. I used to be love going to the pictures, I think the big screen is necessary for some films, but our cinema is small and they usually show lots of the action/teenage/'comedy' films I don;t want to see.
    I look forward to your reviews!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home