The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Forty-Three

Today I will be discussing the number forty-three and the relevance it has in my life. When I was 43, my husband and I decided to go our separate ways. For $43.00 I could take myself and three friends to Five Guys for some awesome food. If I have 43 cans of Fancy Feast I can feed Andy and DeeDee for three weeks (supplemented by crunchies of course).

Forty-three dollars will buy enough bedding to clean about eight rat cages. Forty-three pennies won't buy much of anything. If I ever end up with 43 rats, I hope someone has me committed. Forty-three stitches in worsted weight wool will give you about a 6" scarf. And today, my friends, 43 is a very magical number. Because today I received 43 balls of FREE yarn from Brown Sheep Yarn. Behold.

Two weeks ago, I posted that an American yarn maker would send you yarn if it was to be used for charity projects. I declined to give out the name of that particular yarn maker for fear of them being bombarded with requests for free yarn. However, this gift that I received today is so far and away from anything that I was expecting that I had to say something. This is, in a word, amazing.

I received 8 skeins of Handpainted Originals, 9 balls of Cotton Fleece, 12 balls of Superwash Worsted and 14 balls of Superwash Sport. If you were to estimate an average price of $8.00 per ball (and that's on the low side) we're talking $350 worth of yarn. Are you as stunned as I am? Where else in the world would you find generosity such as this? We're looking at a lot of scarves, hats and baby sweaters for the Pine Ridge Reservation here. It's stuff like this that restores my faith in humanity. And on that note, I need to get knittin'.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger Susan C. said…

    Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Way to go, Brown Sheep!

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I am very stunned and think that they deserve to be mentioned for such a great donation. 43 is a prime number too!!
    It's like Sesame Street: Today's post was brought to you by the number 43!!!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    That was a very interesting treatise on 43!

    Kudos to Brown Sheep for their generosity.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger PICAdrienne said…

    Wow, 43 is a very good number!

    I received your package yesterday. The yarn is beautiful! I know exactly what I am going to do with it. Thank you so very much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home