The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Consider Me Stretched

So I went to physical therapy today. And I guess the biggest question I have about the entire event is - "When did physical therapy involve having an "emergency button?" Also, I'd like to know why someone would think that breathing deeply would negate the absolute searing pain racing up the back of my thigh when accupressure is performed on my ankle? And of course it would be interesting to know what "the most irritated sciatic nerve I've seen in a long time" actually looked like.

Maybe something like this?

Did you know that they're resurrected The Rack in P.T.? Of course they don't call it The Rack. No, it's called being in traction. I got to lay on my back for 20 minutes while they streeeeeetched me. The whole time I laid there I was thinking, "I wonder if I could knit in this position?" Then I got to lay on an ice pack for another 20 minutes. When the therapist came in at the 10 minute mark to see how I was doing I told him, "I'm bored out of my mind. Next time I'm bringing a book." So he turned on the music for me. Peter Frampton. Baby I Love Your Way. The Rack was definitely less painful.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Ouch that sounds painful in oh so many ways. If they can see your nerve, I'd be worried!!!

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    This is going to sound all weird but stretching on the rack actually sounds like a good thing this morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home