The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Random Number Generator ...

... has spoken and the number it chose was 9! Also known as Alwen! Alwen, if you would be so kind as to email me your mailing address to Sakkasie@hotmail.com I will get your yarn into the mail post haste! Wasn't that an exciting contest? Well ... sort of.

Not nearly as exciting though as the Rattie Ratz Rescue adoption fair which was this past Saturday. And of course I came home with more ratties. But, these were ones that I had already reserved so it's not like it was a spontaneous rat purchase. Although I did change ratties once I had a look at them.

This is Celeste who was born Aug. 29th. I had originally planned to get a ratlet that looks a lot like Bella but the little rattie was very timid and I didn't know how well she'd fare with my crew. Celeste on the other is an in your face, cleaning your teeth, gobbling up anything in sight kind of girl. I'm quite smitten. The other new rattie is Dottie, who was formerly known on this blog as "Peep." She's another black hooded dumbo but she is very, very, very tiny. Being the runt of the litter and all. How small is she? She's able to bury under the cage bedding and become quite invisible. Pictures of the wee one once she's a bit braver.

Tomorrow - actual knitting content!

8 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Very cute!!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh, look at that widdle face! That is a rat that needed to come home with you. No doubt about it...

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Excellent ratliness!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Alwen said…

    Oh, that's amazing, thanks! (Emailed you.)

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I'm in love with Celeste! She's soooo cute!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh she is the sweetest thing!! You need an animal with a bit of personality when it is introduced to bigger ones, otherwise they are just lost.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    glad you found the latest goat post - was going to come over here this morning and point you in the general direction...

    it goes without saying that you and the ratties would be most welcome here - provided they and the moggies [ and Bear ] could come to some mutually agreeable solution. Bear IS a terrier after all ... rats = something to chase.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Alwen said…

    Did I, er, ever actually email you my mailing address?

    Or have I done that ADD thing where I thought about doing it and therefore I believe it magically happened, while meanwhile I haven't actually done it yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home