The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Nay, I Say

As I was sitting on the couch last night, contemplating the fact that I had just incorrectly knit 6 rows containing 258 stitches each, I had an epiphany. It became very clear that my subconscious mind was foiling each knitting attempt because deep down, I DID NOT WANT TO KNIT THE COCKAROACHA SWEATER.

I know, I know, you are all amazed by this revelation but I fear it is true. I have absolutely no desire to spend say ... 30 hours knitting a sweater for someone who on my likability scale of 1 to 10 is maybe a 6 1/2. I don't. I do not. I am disinclined. Just because I have a tendency to make things then give them away does not mean that I want to knit for someone I've only known for 8 months. I mean really, we're talking about my sorta supervisor who's phone calls I ignore on a regular basis. He'll call me. I'll ignore the phone. He'll walk down to my office and say, "Hey, I just called you, where were you?" I'll say, "Sitting here." He'll say, "Why didn't you answer the phone." I'll say, "Because it was you." If I can't be bothered to talk to him, why would I knit a sweater for him? So screw it and let's move along!

Here we have the start of a sweater for ME. This is Mr. GreenJeans, which everyone in the world has knit, except for me. I'm not bothering to put in the Ravelry link because, like I just said, everyone else has already knit it. And as we can plainly see, I'm knitting it in Naturally Nazareth, which is a 100% DOMESTIC wool. None of those fancy French sheep for me, oh no. We're talking 100% made in America sheep from Philadelphia. Yeah ... Philadelphia sheep. Apparently this particular sweater looks good even on women who's idea of dieting means pie WITHOUT ice cream. Or those of us who are convinced that butter is a protein since it's in the same family as milk and cheese. We'll see how it goes, at least each stitch that I knit isn't preceded by major profanity.

And finally ... today's homage to the 80's ...

Ice, Ice, Andy!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I've not knit a Mr Greenjeans!

    Good call on the sweater for co-worker.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Blogger katrynka said…

    I agree with trek that you made a good decision about the sweater. It would be no problem if you were knitting a sweater that size to give away if you wanted to gift that person with a sweater. People who are not precious to you, do not deserve your precious time! I always tell people that they cannot afford me to sew for them. I sew for myself, or out of love.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't knit a Mr. Greenjeans either.

    I think a Mr. Greenjeans will be a much better use for that yarn than a sweater for a coworker :-)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Yup. There is no need to knit something you don't like for someone you like less. Or vice versa...

    Cast on for yourself and enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home