The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Avoidance

For the past four or five days I've been trying to start a lace project. I have failed miserably. I first attempted the Milkweed Shawl. This is supposedly a very easy lace pattern. Well heck I've done lace before so this should be no problem. I tried four different yarns. Every time I screwed up the pattern. I never made it past the 12th row. Of course, as you all know, this was not due to an error on my part but simply "the yarn telling me it didn't want to be a Milkweed Shawl."

Then I tried the Lacy Baktus. First of all, I have no idea what a Baktus is but apparently it doesn't want me to knit it either. Two yarns went down in flames. Figuratively speaking.

The truth of the matter is, is that I don't really want to knit lace. I'm simply trying not to think about what looms on the horizon.

Tomorrow or thereabouts, 15 balls of this yarn will be delivered to my place of employment.

This is Knit Picks "CotLin" in the color Cedar. For reasons still unbeknown to me, I have agreed to knit a sweater for a co-worker. A *male* co-worker. With a 48" chest. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING? To make matters worse, this damn thing is knit in the round. *whimper* I have to cast on close to 2 million stitches. On a size 5 needle. And despite being mostly knit in the round I think there may be seaming of some nature. Maybe blocking. Oh Yarn Gods, kill me now.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, April, April, what were you thinking? At least the color is pretty :-)

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    It is a lovely color. Too bad you were held at gunpoint to agree to knit this behemoth. We could try to get you into the Knitless Protection Program.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The color is lovely and I absolutely love knitting with Cotlin. Easy on the hands, for sure.

    You always were a soft touch!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I was with you until you said the S word. We do not seam here at the manse. Not unless there is a darned good reason. And by that I mean possible death. We hates the seaming!!!!!

    But you have pretty much secured your spot in heaven by knitting this bad boy. You are a goooood person!

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I'm always sorry when I agree to knit things for someone ;-) !! He'd better be super nice. And cute. Man oh man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home