The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Walking In A Weiner Wonderland

Ahem. Don't you love how I say I'm going to post the WEINER on Wednesday and then don't do it until Thursday? I would have posted last night except someone fell asleep on the couch. Many thanks to all the people who commented with suggestions about what to do with my Cascade 220. A cat bed seemed to be a popular idea. I actually gave it some thought. Until DeeDee puked in my riding boots Tuesday morning. I was going to post a picture of the aftermath but that would be icky.

So here we have my stash of Cascade 220. And we can clearly see that to make a sweater out of all 9 of these skeins would create a really ugly garment. But we could combine the yellow, green and brown to knit a giant felted daffodil. Or we could combine the red and black to knit a felted ladybug. And then there's the blue tweed. Sorry, I'm outta ideas.

This has resulted in a change in the rules. Our weiner today will get to select three colors as their WONDERFUL PRIZE. I'll give the rest away some other time. Like, probably next week. Or next week might be something else. Who knows? Anyway, our fabulous weiner this week is CINDY LOU WHO!!!. Oddly enough, as in the last giveaway, I know this person in real life. What a coinkydink. Cindy Lou Who is a master knitter and if she wasn't such a lovely person I'd probably not like her very much. So little Cindy Lou, please to send me an e-mail advising me as to the disposition of your yarnage. Sakkasie@hotmail.com. And now I'm off to start another Baby SURPRISE Jacket. Cuz the other one's 5 rows away from being done and I can't figure out how to pick up the flipping stitches. *Sigh*

2 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger katrynka said…

    Hi! I did not realize about the different colors of yarn until AFTER I wrote my comment about a sweater!!

    I am thinking of the baby surprise jacket, but I think I will wait until I have the insurance of going to my LYS for some help whenever needed!

    PS Sorry about your boots!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh that DeeDee...she doesn't know what she missed with her ill-timed pukage!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home