The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Every Day Is New Year's Day

Just taking a break from coughing to update the ol' blog here. Actually most of the symptoms from the nasty pneumonia have gone except for the cough and a $300 bill from Good Samaritan Hospital. I shall refrain from a tirade regarding the American medical system though and we'll move along. First up, the New Year's Day socks were completed 47 days after New Years.

I love this pattern. LOVE IT. Everyone needs to make a pair of New Year's Day socks. Right now! Go ahead, cast on, I'll wait. Anyway, the pattern is so easy to memorize and fun to do these socks seem to knit themselves. And no purling! Yay! I love this pattern so much I immediately cast on for a second pair.

This is the yarn that Dave, of Cabin Cove Mercantile fame, dyed for me last year for my birthday. It's called "April's Showers". Since it's now been sitting in the stash for almost a year I figured it was time to use it up.

Stitches is almost here! Woohoo! This coming weekend is Stitches West and I'll be there, working my little hiney off in the Knitting Arts booth. If you're going to Stitches West, please stop by and say "Hey!".

This ball of yarn was going to be in our booth but uhh .. it's at my house now. Sorry about that. But there's lots more with this came from. This is Pagewood Farms Hand Dyed Sock Yarn. The yarn itself is 70% merino, 20% bamboo and 10% nylon, 450 yards. I like it. I was going to do socks but I think it wants to be lace. It's not spun overly tight and I think it would wear thin quite quickly. Therefore it needs to be around my shoulders and not on my feetsies.

Spring is coming

8 Comments:

  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and up to knitting such lovely socks.

    Now, please tell me. What is this, "spring" of which you speak?

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    She's alive!

    & Knitting!

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Yay, you're starting to come back from the dead!

    ooh, I can't wait to see that lace.. going to be breathtaking in that color. And the bamboo should make it muy nice.

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Alwen said…

    Hey, just before Valentine's someone posted to one of my email lists a link to research that showed that theobromine suppressed a persistent cough better than codeine! (The amount in about two cups of cocoa.)

    Now that's science with a real point, I'd say.

    I've tried cocoa cough-suppression on my son following his latest cold, and it does seem to work.

    So if you can drink cocoa . . . :)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The socks look great and I am really glad that your cough is mostly gone.

    Tell Good Samaritan that you'll send them $50 a month until the bill is paid and they will have to be happy with that. You, after all, must have some funds for Stitches, no?

    And just what have you got against purling, anyway ;o)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    I'm so glad you;re feeling better. Lovely socks! And I'll be at Stitches too so I'll try to get through the crowd to say hi sometime.

     
  • At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad to hear you're on the mend!

    Have fun at Stitches.

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    pneumonia bad
    purple and blue sock yarn goooooooooooooooooooooood
    oh and April??? goat photos on the blog today !!
    Just sayin'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home