The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Try To Remain Calm

OK, let's all try to remain calm. Let's take a deep breath

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No point in getting all excited about this. We're all adults here.

Woooooohooooooo!

Relax. Stay centered. Maintain a sense of propriety.

I'm soooooo excited I'm gonna DIE!

I got a weekend job at my all time favorite LYS, Knitting Arts!!!!! BOING BOING BOING BOING!!!! Yay Me! I've been wanting to work there ever since I walked through the door and now the Yarn Gods have finally smiled upon me.

On Friday my friend, Marie, who works there, e-mailed me with a heads-up that they were looking for weekend help. I e-mailed the assistant manager who told me to e-mail the manager and bim bam boom, it was done. I met with Jan, the owner, today and she told me the pay (more than I expected), the job requirements (fondle gorgeous yarn), and talked to me about my availability. I will be kind and refrain from telling you about the employee store discount because, well, I still can't quite believe it. And if I told you, you'd all hate me. I'll also refrain from telling you about the great deal if you knit for the store. You'd hate me even more.

So starting next weekend, I'll be spending my time surrounded by Rowan, Koigu, Colinette, Alchemy, Blue Sky Alpaca, Malabrigo, Manos, Karabella, you know, the usual. You want me to shut up now? Oh. OK. *Smirk*

Time for some actual knitting content. Which clever person can discern the connection between all of these knitting projects?

Eyelet Yoke Baby Cardigan

Wisp

Knitting Pure and Simple's Baby Pullover

No, I have no idea what's going on with Andy's ears either. So? Anyone? If you said, "They all contain yarn" well, that's a good guess but try a little harder. Let me give you a hint. Color. As in what the heck is going on with all this blue? I have no idea but it's getting a little dull. Perhaps I should use my EMPLOYEE STORE DISCOUNT to buy some new yarn. Hahahahahahaha. Umm, sorry.

10 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Camille said…

    You aren't sorry. Don't lie!

    I'm glad to see someone else's cat is part owl.

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Hmmm...I get the sense that you may be pleased with your new employment situation. It's sort of hard to tell, though. You're so darned "contained" about the whole thing. Assuming that you are, in fact, happy about this, I shall wish you a hearty congratulations on all the yarny goodness!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger aija said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

    yarn yarn yarn yarn yarn.

    yarn.

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You so totally rock!!

    And there is nothing wrong with knitting blue. Blue rocks!

    Um, your upstairs neighbors called to find out why their floor is vibrating and if the whooping and hollering is going to stop anytime soon. ;o)

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know how it works, right? It's a win/win for THEM, not you. They hire you, you work for them, and you spend MORE than they pay you for the yarn. Ha ha ha ha
    Um, hey, does that mean you're not coming out to work at the Cabin Cove Mercantile now? Crap, now I gotta hire someone else with yarn AND livestock background.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger RC said…

    aaarruugghhh... I'm green with envy!
    I miss my LYS, :(

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Tell Dave I've got slaveboy experience and they really are livestock. Trust me.

    Woo!

    Congrats!

    Think there's a way to get them to just pay you in yarn? ;^)

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! You lucky gal that's even better than working in a chocolate shop: less calories and more YARN!!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    1.congrats
    2. cute cat even with the 'I'm not happy' owl ears thing going on
    3.congrats
    4. Blue yarn is GOOOOOOD
    5.congrats

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the job! I can attest to the fact that the yarn at Knitting Arts is absolutely gorgeous!! You lucky girl you!

    Cats, being the dignified creatures that they are, would never allow themselves to get carried away gloating. It's clear that Andy has had quite enough of your giddiness. However, you certainly are entitled! Congrats again! :oD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home