The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Yo, FO

Well two anyway. You know, it's hard to take an artistic photograph when a) it's dark outside and b) it's almost bedtime and your little brain has gone all mushy like. Well maybe not for some people but that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Which is why we have ...

Hat On A Cat

Awww, isn't that cute, little Wilma's having a bath and her tongue's sticking out. Actually if you knew Wilma, you'd know the real reason why her tongue is sticking out. As in "FO, baby and get this bloody hat off me." Wilma, not such a friendly cat. So here we have another hat for Dulaan, it's the Seaman's Cap (teehee, I said "seaman"). And yes, it is supposed to have that much ribbing. Knit in some obscure yarn I picked up in Canada, Galway Heather. NOT Plymouth's Galway Heather. Like anyone really cares, duh. Knit on my bendy size 6 DPN's.

Thank goodness I have 8 million stuffed animals to use as props. Here's Rosy, hangin' out on the latest square for Rebuilding Greensburg. Knit using Regia Color, double stranded. When I first saw this yarn in the store I fell in love with it. Until I started knitting with it and realized it had stripes of both BROWN and BLUE. We all know what that means. Say it with me now, "Brown plus blue equals EWWWW." But it makes a perfectly servicable square.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha ha, looks like she's batting at the hat, the bad hat. :) CUTE photo.

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    I use this pattern all of the time to make hats for my family to wear at the beach. It's manly enough not to scare away the elderly males and the ribbing makes it versatile in size. I LOVE the tongue sticking out of the kitty's mouth in the picture.

     
  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    hey I didn't know that brown plus blue equals ewwwww.
    See I learn something every day.

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You really don't do brown and blue at all, do you?

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger aija said…

    I knew the brown and blue comment was coming! :)

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Awwww how cute! That's a great hat pattern. Nice + simple + functional = perfect hat.

    Victor is looking beautiful too!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I dunno...I think Wilma sort of likes the hat. You can see it in her eyes even if she doesn't want to admit it. She would like a little one for her very own. She would never wear it in front of you or anything...but late at night she would prance around in it. I'm pretty sure of this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home