The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Yarn Eating Dragon!

Do dragons eat yarn? It sure looks like it ...

Here's Isabella about to demolish a ball of Artyarns Merino, in the appropriately named colorway "106". What the heck? Can't people be a bit more creative in their yarn naming? Anyway, this is the newest yarn to enter Chez Insanity and will of course be used for a Rebuilding Greensburg square. Good thing I'm whittling away at that stash. Not.

Back for a return visit to the blog, is "The Grey Thing." Which is also known to some people as the One-Stitch Baby Sweater from the Lion Brand website. This is the world's easiest baby sweater. Hello, garter stitch, knit in one piece? Just right for a beginning knitter such as myself. I don't know why I'm knitting this sweater, I just am. Maybe simply because I CAN. However, I am proud to say this is a stash reduction project. When this sweater is done I will be down a whole two balls of Plymouth Encore. Go me. And probably a little bit of some other yarn because this is about the blandest sweater I've ever seen. Maybe I'll do some single crochet blah dee blah around the edges. Won't THAT be exciting?

And for those of you more interested in the equine aspect of my life, here's the Weekly Victor Report.

Victor is in the doghouse (horse house?) this week. Incident One - Managed to unlock his back gate on Tuesday night and spent the entire night roaming the ranch, helping himself to all the alfalfa he could eat, socializing with the other horses. Incident Two - Unlocked the gate on the covered round pen Thursday night, thereby not only freeing himself, but also Rebel, who he was having a play date with. Incident Three - While I was talking to my friend Pam yesterday, Victor reached down and removed Pam's cell phone holder which was clipped to her pocket, and of course contained her cell phone. Have you ever tried to pry a cell phone holder from a horse's mouth? Yeah, don't even try to tell me he needed to make a call.

HORSE FOR SALE - inquire within.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jeanne said…

    I'm chuckling because Victor seems to have a lot of curiosity and play drive. Now if it could be channeled properly... what a fun horse!

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Camille said…

    As I read about the "incidents" my internal dialogue said "Meanwhile, back at the ranch..." just like in one of those old Westerns. :)

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    I love that Victor is so clever! Maybe he should be re-named Harry after Harry Houdini. I find it hard to believe that the stables haven't had horses who could open the pens before and that they haven't taken precautions. Our old neighbor used to board horses and we discovered the occasional equestrian visitors in our garden. The gray sweater will be wonderful and much appreciated by whomever receives it. Just leave it un-embellished until you have an expectant friend. That way it can be decorated according to gender!

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I think Heide has a good idea with leaving the embellishment for the next baby you meet.

    Um, Victor, your mom took you away from the bad people. You don't want to go back there, now, do you?

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look on the bright side; Victor really must be feeling better :)

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    When other people's furry friends do naughty things it is somehow much funnier than when mine misbehave. What a smart, smart boy!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    A picot edge never hurt anyone, ya know. ;^)

    I agree with Julie. He must be feeling better. I'm sorry he's too smart for his own good.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said…

    LOL. Sounds like he loves mischief! And he's a such a cutie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home