The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Blue Monday

Mail Call!

More wonderful yarn from Deb at Fearless Fibers. The yarn on the right is a Superwash merino fingering weight in the colorway "Serendipity." It's slated for the Summer Of Socks which starts on Thursday, right Cookie? On the left is 410 yards of merino lace weight in the colorway "Feeling Blue." I have a hard time knitting with lace weight, a lot of it feels so flimsy to me and I end up making a horrible mess with it. But this yarn of Deb's seems to have a bit more "substance." I'm going to use it to make Wisp from the latest issue of Knitty. Actually I've already cast on for it because I need to have it finished it two weeks. So I'll be all ready to start ...

Mystery Stole 3! Have you signed up yet? Awww, c'mon, you know you want to! Haven't you seen Melanie's other designs, Leda's Dream and Scheherazade? Those were Mystery Stoles 1 and 2! Beautiful, beautiful lace. I've ordered MY yarn, now go order yours!

The Wendy's across the street from my apartment is having a big 99 cent promotion ...

However, there seems to be a slight problem with the promotion flag ...

In other strange news, someone has stolen the refrigerator from my place of employment. It was last seen Thursday. If you should come across a refrigerator filled with old Stuft Pizza boxes and half empty bottles of ketchup, could you let me know? Thanks.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Thursday start is what I've heard. Wanna bet if I crack before then? *L*

    I think I need to knit Wisp. There's just no way I can cast on 624 stitches for my first choice pattern.

    And where are you going that you need it done in two weeks? I have no life. That means you have to share yours!

    Btw, thanks so much. It's 11 pm, I'm in my jammies and I really need a spicy chicken sammich right now.

    o.O

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    One would think that someone would notice a person carrying around a refrigerator...

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Maybe they just sent the fridge out for cleaning? If that is a "real" service, then I should probably have someone come scrape mine down! (I've got something of a biohazard situation here...)

    Being a huge fan of all things blue, I loves your yarn. I think it will knit up wicked purty!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Pretty yarn! I wish you wouldn't temp me with things like Mystery Stole 3 though. I missed 1 and 2 of course and am very tempted but I'm so slow a knitter I am not sure how I could manage to keep up. Not to mention the whole adding another project thing. And yet... (must resist temptation, must resist)

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear! That takes "cleaning out the fridge" to a new level! Pretty blue-ness!

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stunning yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home