The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

When There's No Cable T.V. ...

... things actually get done around here at Chez Insanity. Like, for instance, Argosy gets dragged out of the UFO bag and becomes an FO.

It still needs to be blocked but since I don't block, it's done as far as I'm concerned. I used Noro "Silk Garden Lite" which is the same yarn used in Version 1 of the scarf in the Winter '06 edition of Knitty. Same colorway even.

If someone were to ask me what a good "first" pattern would be for lace knitters, this is the one I'd suggest. I did Branching Out for my first lace and it was much more difficult than this. And this one looks significantly more complicated than Branching Out. Or at least I think so. I'll probably do it again in a lightly variegated yarn to see what it looks like. Perhaps I'll use one of the eleventy billion skeins of Cabin Cove that I seem to own. Also moving into the FO column ...

A pair of Mini-Basketweave Toddler Socks for Dulaan. These are knit in worsted weight yarn and the only worsted weight I had was Lion Brand Wool-Ease. What the hell is up with that? But since this is "Knit From Your Stash" year, Wool-Ease it was. Do you have any worsted weight yarn in your stash? Don't you think it would be fun to knit a pair of these for Dulaan? Of course you do! Ha, you thought I was going to ask you to send me some, didn't you?

And to give credit where credit is due, I was inspired to make these after seeing Norma's version on her blog. Anytime I'm looking for something to knit for charity, Norma's blog is the first place I go. I'm quite certain the only knitting she does is for charity.

OK, it's back to the couch for me, I'm four rows away from finishing a Mason-Dixon Ballband Dishcloth.

Kiss my ass, Comcast.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger Bells said…

    oh I just made one of those dishcloths with cotton Julie sent me! Good fun.

    That scarf is amazing. Good job!

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the scarf! You really did get quite a bit done without the cable!

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yeah, I thought you wanted me to send you worsted weight yarn...


    ...hangs head...

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Valerie said…

    Wow, the Argosy is beautiful. I still hate Noro yarn but this really came out spectacular. I don't think it needs blocking.

    Thanks for pointing out Norma's blog. As an Atheist Jew myself, I'm sure I'll enjoy her insights.

    I promise to make some of Marguerite's socks! She is the queen of Dulaan patterns, seriously.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Comcast was just slowing you down, baby!

    Love the kid socks. I really need to do those. I did adult sized socks in worsted for Dulaan. What was I thinking? o.0

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'm still reeling over the very thought of life without cable. I like the idea of the knitting progress...but I don't think that I'll be pulling any wires any time soon. I'm addicted!!!!!

    Argosy is just lovely!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tandi said…

    That Argosy is gorgeous in the colorway you used. Beautiful, really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home