The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Shhh ... It's A Secret

I'm "stealth knitting." It's fun. It's exciting. It's a BIG SECRET.

And it'll probably stay a big secret since these colors in no way resemble how they look in real life. I'm making "something" for "someone." Whoa, that cleared the room pretty fast. Where's everyone going? C'mon, toilet paper cozies are great gifts! This is probably only the second or third time I've knit something with a particular recipient in mind. Because my family is anti-homemade. And since I live in California there really isn't a big demand from my friends for wool items. But this person doesn't live in California. They live ELSEWHERE. I can hardly stand the suspense.

March's Project Linus blanket. A big ol' granny square. It's only about half done because some IDIOT dropped the skein of white Simply Soft in the butter dish. This is a very good reason not to store your projects in the kitchen cupboard. No one likes a greasy baby blanket.

Andy says ...

"Mice? There's mice in this cage?"

8 Comments:

  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger Bells said…

    APRIL!!!!!

    That's not fair. How can I live with that level of suspense? Is it for someone who's, you know, known on the internet??? Someone I know? Someone unknown to any of your readers - and therefore, I have to say, a little less exciting. I mean, if it's for a relative of yours, that's great, but the suspense won't be so great for those of us who don't know your rellies.

    Oh, and cute blankie!

     
  • At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty baby blanket!

    Does Andy always hang out on the stove? My kitty, Phoebe, loves to hang out on the stove; don't know what the attraction is. I could understand if the oven was on and it was warm, but she's there all the time!

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The gold surprise yarn is pretty, as is the blanket. It looks like the top of a HUGE frosted cake.
    That's funny that you have a mouse cage for your kitty. I am thinking about setting up a vivarium and getting a couple of dart frogs for Miss Lulu to watch/obsess/stalk.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    Sure, taunt us with a mere snippet of beautiful knitting... what a tease. Butter can help keep a baby's skin soft and protect him/her from diaper rash. What a great kitty entertainer.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I like stealth knitting and hate it.

    Like it 'cause I know something you don't know.

    Hate it 'cause I can't tell!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Andy is wise...so vey, very wise. And highly observent. The BFK wouldn't notice mice-like critters in the house for at least a year.

    And what's wrong with a nice toilet paper cozy? They lend such an air of "class" to a home...

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    It's fun to watch people stealth-knit. I like to try to guess what they're knitting, and what color it really is. Maybe it's the same reason I like detective novels.

    You are so good about Project Linus! What sweet colors.

    How are you feeling?

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hi April - love the blankie. I need to get cracking on a few more PL blankets, myself.
    BTW, Sammy sends a big hello to his pal Andy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home