The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Just Ask Me

Go ahead, ask me how sick I am of taking pictures of sock yarn. I'm thinkin' I may never photograph sock yarn again.

OK, so here we have Cascade Fixation in the front, on the left in the back is Regia Bamboo and on the right in the back is that old standby "Mystery Sock Yarn." The Cascade and the Regia come to us courtesy of the wonderful Knitting Arts gift certificate.

Lordy, I'm behind. On the left is Fearless Fibers 100% superwash merino sportweight in the colorway "Fruit Pop" and on the right is Koigu. There are two skeins of the Koigu, but one seems to be hiding right now. Fear not, it will be found.

So we have two more days for you to enter the Great Fantastic Sock Yarn Extravaganza Contest. The winners will be announced on March 1st. All prizes will be mailed on March 3rd. This includes the prizes from the Random Drawings as well as that sock yarn I was giving away a few weeks ago. In case any of you were wondering where your yarn was. One thing I should have mentioned before is that if you're allergic to cats you may want to know that probably all of this yarn has been exposed to kitties. Or vice versa. In fact, there is a good chance Andy might have carried a skein or two around in his mouth. Because he REALLY loves wool. Don't worry though, all the cat spit has dried and will be hardly noticeable I'm sure.

I am going through FO withdrawal over here at Chez Insanity. Right now the only thing that looks like it'll probably be an FO is the pan of brownies on the counter. Or maybe these ...

Sock #2 of the Chocolate Pink Cherry socks. Here we have an action shot of the garter stitch border on the heel flap. This is one of Charlene Schurch's wonderful ideas in "Sensational Knitted Socks." My picking up of the stitches leaves a bit to be desired but with this border it's dead easy. Why, they practically pick themselves up! If you don't own "Sensational Knitted Socks" you should; in my humble opinion it's the best sock book out there. Now I need to go work on that pan of brownies ...

11 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You are entirely too funny!
    Nice yarns.
    How were the brownies?

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmm, brownies; wish I had some :)

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Brownies are the BEST FO.

    I'm totally addicted to brownies. I have to find recipes that use oil instead of butter and marg, now, but they still taste damn good.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Did someone mention bamboo?

    /perk

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    Yummy yarns.. you should take a picture of the brownies tho too.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Brownies!!! I love brownies...but I'm thinking that my recent vacation indulgences mean that I won't be having any of the yummy stuff for a while. :(

    Chocolate Pink Cherry socks seem to be relatively calorie-free, though! And so pretty! I really like the way that heel worked up.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    That's a fine looking heel. You know that "More Sensational Knitted Socks" is coming out soon. I hope it's as good as the first.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Heide said…

    Brownies, yum! What lovurly yarn pron too. I too love that book and I'm pleased to hear that another is coming out. I wonder what it will include.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    I'm really not going to mind a bit of cat spit - should I win!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Tandi said…

    Wow, what gorgeous sock yarn- I love Fearless Fibers and that Koigu is amazing. Your socks are looking great!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    I love your chocolate pink cherry socks. I'll have to try that heel as I'm not the best at getting those stitches picked up neatly. As for cat spit..well I think that's why my socks wear so well..or maybe it's the few cat hairs knitted in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home