The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Beauty And The Beast

Sometimes you order yarn online and what you end up with is even more fantastic than you thought it would be. Or sometimes you open the package and think, "What the hell crack was I smokin'?" Case in point - the yarn in the foreground in this picture.

But ha! I'm giving it away so what do I care? Such is the beauty of a yarn give away contest. Or maybe you like brown and blue together. In which case we'll all be happy. Yarn in the back - Lorna's Laces, blah, blah, blah.

Sock #1 of 2 completed. I knit this on US 2.5's as it's a sportweight but I almost wish I'd done it on 2's. It fits fine but I like my socks TIGHT. This is not tight. Maybe I should just plow through the six boxes of Girl Scout cookies I bought today and hope my feet get bigger.

Look what I got!!!

These arrived today courtesy of the extraordinarily generous Valerie. Trust me when I tell you they don't come much nicer than Valerie. Or smarter. Or more creative. Or a whole buncha other good stuff. Her friendship is truly gift enough, these are simply the icing on the cake. But let's look at them even closer cuz they're GORGEOUS.

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I am ever so spoiled. Thank you, Valerie!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Well, apparently I'm on some yarn-color-crack, because I lovelovelove the "foreground yarn..."
    Pretty flowers, and nice looking sock ya got there as well. I toss mine in the dryer (gasp!) to tighten them up a smidge when that happens to me. (If it works too well, my mom gets a new pair of socks. She's half a size smaller.)

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely flowers. You may be spoiled, but you certainly deserve to be!

    Sock #1 looks very nice. I think you should try loribird's advice because eating 6 boxes of GS cookies is likely to make your pants tighter but not your socks!

    BTW, have you started Faina's scarf yet? I just started mine :)

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Lovely!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Pretty yarn, pretty sock, pretty flowers...just a whole lotta the eye candy there! You've already got your girlscout cookies????? Where the heck are mine? I need a cookie, damnit!!!!! This is what you get when you order them at school then have a vacation...

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    You like your socks tight... You can have my first one. I made the next to largest size in the book, and was getting gauge but when I went to try it on to see how much further on the foot part to go, I couldnt even get it around my heel =( People with big feet and high arches prolly shouldnt make socks from standard patterns.. And that yarn is fabulous, you're just wacky.

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I also love the yarn in front..in fact, I 'clicked' to see if I could read the tag in the bigger pic. No luck :-(

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    yeah getting on the love that yarn bandwagon here April
    The goats say hi btw

     

Post a Comment

<< Home