The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Eejit, Thy Name Is April

I cast on for a new sock this morning. And I'm having a blast. The pattern is a joy and the yarn itself is, in my opinion, beyond beautiful. I am in Sock Nirvana.

I get up to make myself a cup of tea and carefully place my work on the couch. Oh Lord, do I love this sock.

I come back and one of my DPN's is missing. Where the hell is my DPN? I look around for Andy, he's usually the culprit. But no, Andy is out on the walkway. I pull the cushions off the couch, it must have fallen down when I got up. I find two Q-tips (Andy's toy of choice), fifty cents and what might have been part of a muffin at one time. No DPN.

Back to the kitchen. Maybe I took it in there when I went to make tea. No DPN.

Tear apart the couch again. Still no DPN.

I'm using US 2 1/2's for this sock and I don't have a spare. Sit and wonder for five minutes if using one US 2 and four US 2 1/2's will make a big difference. Try and remember how much the last pack of DPN's cost and do I have enough money for a new pack.

Huh?

What's this in my mouth?

9 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    {snicker}. though I should not snicker TOO much since yesterday I was looking for my glasses while wearing them... (thinking I had my contacts on)

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    I can lose a DPN without getting up. Now that's talent.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'd laugh...except I've done that too many times myself. I also do it with pens, chopsticks and, heaven help me, ice cream spoons.

    Are we getting old???????

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You wouldn't have read the Yarn Harlot's post about stripping the rental car only to find the missing dpn stuck in her own hair would you have?

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Hehehehehe... I do the same, but usually end up finding them by poking myself.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    you bourke!!!

    I'm guilty of the glasses thing too.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jeanne said…

    This has happened to me more times than I care to mention, except the culprit is usually tucked behind my ear (like you do with a pencil) and I only notice it when I bend over to see if it fell on the floor, and it... falls on the floor.

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I usually find my dpn sticking in my hair (where I put it so I won't lose it).

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    yup guilty of pretty much all the variations listed above. Couldn't find one of my dpns this morning in fact ... 'twas behind my ear!!
    ... and for those of you who don't speak "australian" a 'bourke' is a rarely used aussieism for eedjit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home