The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Here We Go Again

According to my calendar, there's only 18 more days until February. Some of you, like maybe one or two, may recall that I went a bit off the rails last February. It's my birthday month and I figured it would be as good a time as any to hold a GRAND SPECTACULAR CONTEST! And I did. Check the archives if you don't believe me.

Well it's a new year and it's time to raise the bar. A little. Time to focus on a new charity.

What that new charity is though will remain a secret until the 1st of February. Because it's my contest and I get to make the rules.

Last year's contest was geared primarily towards crowshitters because I'd been bitten by the crowshit bug and so there was a lot of giving away of hooks and crowshit books and umm ... acrylic. It was Simply Soft central around here.

This year's gonna be different. This year we're focusing on the sock knitters.

So you diehard sock knitters might wanna mark February 1st on your calendar to check back here to see what you need to do to win this contest. Because there will only be ONE winner.

ONE winner.

TWENTY EIGHT skeins of sock yarn.

We're keeping it simple this year.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did I read that right????? 28 skeins of sock yarn to ONE winner? Holy moly - that's a huge prize!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Y'know, I've been so obsessed about getting rid of the yarn already in my house, I haven't been entering contests, for fear it would mean more yarn in the house.

    And I don't knit socks.

    And I just bought twelve skeins of sock yarn to dye.

    And I don't knit socks.

    But I really, really want to enter.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good God, Woman!!! How much yarn do you have????? You give away yarn on a regular basis and yet seem to keep knitting.

    It's sort of like a, "loaves and fishes" kinda thing....

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh oh...

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger aija said…

    you.are.insane.

    :)

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Agreeing with the Sheep here...

    Feeling faint with anticipation.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh God. That's a lot of sock yarn. Are you sure you can't have a 2nd and 3rd prize? I mean, I'd love ALL that sock yarn, but it doesn't seem fair that everyone else should miss out when I'm going to be the winner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home