The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nothing Says Romance ...


... quite like a dishcloth. Forget roses, they'll only die and then drop petals all over the carpet. Chocolates? Right to the hips. Diamonds? A magnet for thieves. No, my friends, this Valentine's Day it's all about the dishcloth. Practical, useful and guaranteed to last a heck of a lot longer than stupid roses.

Over at ol' Crochetville we're gearing up for the 2006 Crochet Olympics. Being the top notch athlete that I am, I will be competing in the "Afghan Squares" event. My challenge will be to complete the first 32 squares from the Leisure Arts booklet "63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan" (let's hope the squares are easier to do than type that mouthful).

16 days - 32 squares, should be a snap eh? And being the clever girl that I am, I have signed up for "The Great 63 (more) Menagerie" crochetalong. So you see, I'll actually be doing TWO crochetalongs at once. How's that for multi-tasking? See what happens when you finally achieve Granny Square Supremacy? You start to think you can take on the world.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my! You are ambitious!! I thought about joining the Crochet Olympics but I must finish this granny's flower garden 'ghan! I can't possibly start anything new but you have the right idea by incorporating both CALs! Good luck!

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger April said…

    Hi Raquel!

    I'm glad you liked the dishcloth, I was pleased with how it turned out. I just wish I could find some pink Sugar 'N Cream to edge it with.

    What are you doing for the Crochet Olympics?

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger April said…

    Hi Sue!

    I'm not ambitious, I'm insane. But I figured it would get me off to a good start on the 63 Square CAL. Or pull out my hair, we'll see which happens first. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home