The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, February 17, 2006

At Least I Was At My Desk




From the "Not Everyone Owns A Mirror" department ... This morning at Starbuck's I saw a man dressed in a black pinstripe suit with a sky blue shirt underneath. Now I'm not a big fan of blue and black together but it's acceptable. However, in what I assume was an attempt to push the boundaries of fashion, he had wrapped around his neck a pink, brown and ORANGE scarf. Do I need to repeat that? A pink, brown and ORANGE scarf. For the love of God, who, tell me, WHO, thinks these colors go together? And yes, the colors were exactly as shown above (don't ask me how many hours I wasted at work today doing Google searches on images of color).

As further evidence that I might not have been working too hard today, I present to you a box of Fudgsicles. Why? Because I want, no need, to know why fudgsicles, popsicles, push-up pops and all those other assorted freezer department temptations are known as Ice Cream NOVELTIES. Now, I don't know about you, but fudgsicles have been around since I was knee high to a grasshopper. The novelty has worn off. Dictionary.com also defines novelty as "a small inexpensive mass-produced article (syn: knicknack)" or "cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing." As weird as I might be, I can assure you I have never worn a fudgsicle on my jacket.

Holy smokes! Is this FANTASTIC PRIZE # 10!?!?!?!


Why I do believe it is. "Vogue Knitting Crocheted Hats." My very favorite hat book. Please ... hold your applause.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember when pink and orange was very fashionable way back in 1969! Now it just 'pushes the patience' of fashion!!
    See you tomorrow at Stitcher's West!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home