The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

From Far Away ...

... and without my glasses on, it doesn't look so bad. Yes, I know it looks like an oversized hat for a hot dog stand employee, but when one is stash busting, one takes what one can find. Not to mention that it only took a few days to make, although it did take 3 spins through the ol' washing machine.

I don't know whether that was because it was crocheted or because we have crappy washing machines in my apartment complex. I'm thinking the latter. I used up all my Cascade 220 for this magnificent example of kitty bed making. Now it's time to put on your sunglasses.

Yeah ... wowsers. Colors rarely seen outside the Red Heart palette. That yellow is something else. I actually had to go out and buy one last skein to make it big enough and by that point nothing was gonna fix this so I went with rust. Of course, I could just say, "It's crochet, it's SUPPOSED to be ugly." But that would be rude and uncalled for. And besides, I've already started a second one that is significantly prettier. Unfortunately it's for a friend and not for me.

Luckily DeeDee has already given the Hot Dog Bed her feline stamp of approval; she slept in it between the 2nd and 3rd felting. While I was trying to decide if it needed another spin. While it was wet. Ick.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger yarnpiggy said…

    DeeDee knows her new bed was knit with love, you see...the colour scheme doesn't matter. :-)

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger LizzieK8 said…

    It can be dyed.....

    And if you didn't crochet loosely, that can contribute to the minimal fulling.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet DeeDee was attracted to the wet, wooly smell. I actually think it is quite an attractive cat bed.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Ick, indeed, cat on a wet felted object.

    Amazingly bright!

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    It's going to be covered in cat hair soon, anyway. That will mute the colors nicely. Besides, I think that kitty accessories should be bold. Kitties are bold. They deserve beds that speak to their personalities.

    The AGK sleeps in a basket. That I paid too much for. He doesn't look nearly as stylish.

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I second what Lizzie suggested - it can indeed be dyed

     

Post a Comment

<< Home