The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire

Making Christmas stuff in September is certainly a bizarre experience. Especially when one lives in California where it is currently 86 degrees.

Yeah, yeah, another F.O.. I'm not crazy about this one but it'll do. Each time I make one of these monstrosities I learn something new. Like ... one should do the Fair Isle ALL the way down the leg or it "flares" a bit. And if your instinct tell you, "Hey, you're starting the toe too early", you should probably listen to it.

I do like the blue and the white together although do you think it looks more like a Hanukkhah stocking? I don't think they have such things though. Perhaps I could start a new trend in Judaism - sort of breathe new life into an old religion. Or perhaps I should just stick to the knitting.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I think it's kinda cute.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Nuthin' wrong with having a blue Christmas. I like blue! Nice work, there.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I'm Jewish and admit to feeling cheated that I never got a Christmas stocking fulla goodies. So yah, why not?

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the blue & white. Great work.

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I like the effect of the blue and white - very White Christmassy :]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home