The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Finished Objects - Episode Two

Oh boy, a scarf. How's that for exciting? Actually I'm quite pleased at how this turned out. The yarn is "Karaoke" from South West Trading Company although a lot of people think it's Noro. Including the owner of the yarn store I work at. I offered to let her display it in the store and her response was, "Well we don't have Noro in yet." Go figure.

The pattern is a free one over a kpixie.com titled, appropriately enough, "Karaoke Cabled Scarf." This is a dead easy and almost brain numbing knit but it only takes two skeins of yarn so it's an inexpensive gift.

Adding to the endless hat production over here is the Blackberry Beanie. Or, the Jiffy Pop Hat, take your pick. This is where I once again extol the virtues of Filtes King Modigliani which you basically can't get anywhere. Trust me, every night I cruise the Internet looking for someone with this yarn to sell. No luck so far.

This little hat is another one of my weird designs that we're selling in the store. And since it's my design you know it's gotta be super easy and super fast. If I get around to pulling the pattern out of my brain and writing it up, it'll be here on the ol' blog. But for now, there are more hats to be knit.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yay for finished objects!!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Goodness! There truly are episodes in this parade of FOs! I am most impressed. And that beanie is to die for! So cute...

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, you're back at the blog!! I love the cute hats. Can't wait to see them live.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute cute cute how do you stand it?

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The scarf is pretty, but I prefer the Fair Isle sock in the previous episode. :)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are putting me to shame with the FO's!

    I love the jiffy pop hat and the scarf is also beautiful!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Ooh, love the hat. You definitely should put up the pattern one of these days. Pretty color too :-)

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said…

    Love the rainbow scarf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home