The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Lights, Camera ... April?

Mi mi mi, la la la, figaroooo, figaroooo ... Oh. Hi. Uh, don't mind me, just warming up over here in hot, icky, Campbell. Do, re, mi, fa, so ... What? No, I haven't lost my mind, I'm getting ready for my big break next week. Yessiree, I'm about to make my debut in the entertainment world. For I, April E. Weirdo, will be working the registration desk at the American Idol auditions next week in San Francisco! Woohoo! "Yo dawg, you were pitchy."

Ah, the wonders of craigslist. There was the ad, in black and white, "MAJOR REALITY SHOW LOOKING FOR PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS." OK, so maybe I've never been a Production Assistant before but isn't the entertainment field all about ACTING? So I called up my main man, Nico, down there in L.A. and said, "Dude, hook me up, I'm all about the producing." And Nico said, "Have you had much Production Assistant experience?" So I said, "A bit." He then informed me that, "This isn't a Lights Camera Action job, you're workin' the registration desk." Ha! They haven't heard my rendition of "I'm A Little Teapot" yet. Ha. Then we'll see who's workin' the registration desk.

In less exciting news ... I'm working on the heel flap for my first pair of Summer of Socks socks. I had originally planned on my store sample socks being the first pair until the owner told me she only wanted one sock made. Hmm. Methinks you have to do TWO socks for the SoS '08. Anyway, this is the Baby Cable Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks.

And the Pile O' Hats for Kristy's Hat Drive continues with the addition of Charity Hat #5!

I seem to have a rather large stash of Lorna's Laces Shepherds Worsted which is quite nice for charity hats, being superwash and all. This is the Spiral Hat from Designer One-Skein Wonders, a very useful book.

OK, I need to get back to my practicing. Stardom awaits! "I'm a little teapot, ooo, ahhh, short and stout, ooo, ahhh ..."

6 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    You GO Girl!!!! I love AI...Way to go!

    (and you get to see all the crazies who think they can sing, but really can't!)

    M. :)

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Your life...it is just so very interesting! Have fun and don't forget to stretch. I hear that "tip me over/pour me out" portion of the song is a killer!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You make me laugh so hard.
    Break a leg!

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great job - just think of all the nut jobs you'll meet!

    Nice hat!

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a hoot! Have a great time. You never know it may lead to something else. Pretty sock.

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    can we say that we knew you before you got famous ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home