The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Dudes. My store is closing. How's that for a kick in the ass? Yes, sometime in June, Knitting Arts will close it's doors for good. Jan, the best yarn store boss in the world, will be focusing on her design business and spending more time with her family. I'll be living in a box under the highway 17/280 interchange knitting with Red Heart.

Needless to say there's been a mad scramble to scoop up yarn to tide me over until I find a new LYS. We shall not mention the fact that are at least 4 other fantastic yarn stores within 15 miles of my home, one of which I can walk to. I'm taking my justification where I can these days, true or false.

Colinette Jitterbug in the colorways "Kingfisher" and "Gauguin".


And finally, here we have fish tank inhabitant #602. To say I've been having problems with this tank is a mild understatement.

A Pseudomugil signifer, also known as a Pacific Blue Eye. No, I didn't take this picture, I stole it off the innernets. I think mine is a girl but she's been decidedly mum on the subject. These little fishies are from the East coast of Australia. I figured if they could fly all the way from Australia to California they should be able to handle the Tank Of Death. Maybe.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Awww...I hate to see a good yarn store go down for the count. At least you have found a way to comfort yourself in this sad time.

    I'll think good thoughts for the fishie...

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    As 'Mater would say, "Aw, dang."

    Should we mail Red Heart General Delivery for you to pick up when you run out of stuff to crochet into the World's Most Huge Afghan?

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Wow... that really sucks. I thought it was a great store, and bought some lovely Cascade 220 for hats there. I like your color choices, especially the Kingfisher.

    Did you get the note I left you at the yarn store? Still sorry we didn't get to meet up :-(

    Australian fish! shocking. exotic. rare. Well, maybe not. (I have an Australian husband so I can't really talk.)

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well that sucks! The fact that the store's closing, not the pretty new yarn.

    Good luck #602!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Poop!

    Wait...

    There's a yarn store you can walk to?! Girl, we gotta talk.

    Good luck, little fishie!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey April...well I haven't even finished my first pair of mitts yet! What am I going to do???
    I will miss you and all the other wise sage knitters at KA...I think I will be in trouble with all the yarn I have in my stash!

    Good luck in the next adventure!
    Tricia ie trouble...

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can't believe it took the store closing for you to update your post?!!! what about all the fish who have given their lives in the tank? what kind of love have they gotten.. not even a memorial post.
    good luck fishy #602

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    My youngest says he likes your fish and you should name her Leah because, "that is a peft-tec name!" He also wants to meet Miss April, and he likes her yarn pictures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home