The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I Mean Really ...

... what are the odds that in the space of 3 weeks I'd get laid off from TWO jobs? Am I on a roll or what?

Today at 3:00 my supervisor, Arnold, came up to me and said, "C'mon, April, we need to go to an Operations meeting" to which I replied, "But Arnold, do I really need to go, I frickin' hate meetings." Arnold chuckled nervously and replied that indeed, I did need to go. Little did I know that when he said "go" he meant as in "out the door."

So .. where does this leave us? Well, I've picked up another yarn store job at Green Planet Yarn which is a new yarn store that has opened in my little town of Campbell. If I feel really energetic, it's actually within walking distance of my apartment. I have some freelance writing I can do, there's always unemployment insurance and goodness only knows what.

But for now, let's all look at a picture of Andy. Just because.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    Awwwww!!! ((((Hugs)))

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sucky sucky sucky
    hugs (2)

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You win the prize!
    Knit, knit, knit

    We love you!

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Oh gosh! Sending you well wishes...

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    That truly sucks. Is there enough freelance writing work available or are you going to have to do the dreaded Nationwide Job Search?

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Well CRAP! That is the stink. I'll hope for another job to surface soon (if you send me your resume I'll circulate it amongst my Silicon Valley/San Jose area friends...). In the meantime ANDY IS SO CUTE!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. That just sucks.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Christy said…

    Let's you and me form an unemployed knitters coalition! Knit to preserve your sanity while you troll the internet for work! I like it....
    Hugs sweetie!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh no! I can't believe that...after all you've done there. This seems completely and totally unfair. The BFK wants to fly out and go scratch someone's eyes out. (she's not really all that good in combat, but she means well...)

    I'll think good thoughts for you. Having been there a few years ago, I know that the extra knitting time is not worth the aggravation that comes with unemployment. But you will find something soon. I just know it. And they will be lucky to have you.

    Stupid other job...

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh April, that really sucks! I'm glad to hear that you've picked up a little something with a new yarn shop, though. Here's hoping the job market out there is better than it is here; hubby's still looking!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Now that is just not fair. I hope something turns up soon for you. In the mean time, GPY looks like a yarn fondler's dream so hopefully working there will be fun and cover at least some of the necessities.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    That bites! I hope this new job and the writing work out great for you.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger yarnivorous said…

    Oh Andy is so cute! He reminds me of our Nutmeg, only she is tubby.
    Love the new new job...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home