The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blah, Blah, And Then I Knit Some

Knit all day, read all night. Knit all day, read all night. That pretty much sums up my life these days. I've kinda lost track of how many books I've read since I've been unemployed, 20 maybe? No, more like 14. Really, I have no idea. What day is it again? However, I have two interviews next week. One, a two or three week temp job up in San Francisco. And the other is a full time job working with a knitting buddy. Both accounting stuffs. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, back to the knitting stuff. Here's a pair of wrist warmers. Exciting, no?

But wait! There IS something exciting about them! They only took one skein of yarn to make a pair. I love one skein knits. These were made with Mirasol "Chirapa" which is what I'd call a heavy sport weight. 165 yards in a 50 gram ball. If you want the pattern e-mail me at Sakkasie@hotmail.com and I'll send ya the PDF file or simply leave your e-mail addy in the comments, whichever. I'd post it on my blog but it's being offered at my LYS as a free pattern with the purchase of the yarn. But if you don't actually live in Campbell how could you buy the yarn so you could get the pattern? Somehow, this all makes sense to me.

I crocheted a hat. For my knitting buddy, Paula who wears hats a lot. Not much to say about this other than it took me like 3 hours to do.

A scarf in progress. How dull. But I must say I love this stitch pattern. It's called a braided thinger or something like that. Dead easy. Here's a close-up picture.

Want the pattern? OK. Cast on 24 stitches. I'm using size 8 needles here with Cash Vero worsted weight yarn. Row 1 - Slip 1 as if to knit, (P2, Slip 1 as if to knit, K1, YO, pass slipped stitch over both K1 & YO) until 3 stitches remain on needle. P2, K1. Row 2 - Slip 1 as if to knit, (K2, P2) until 3 stitches remain on needle. K3. There ya go. Does that make sense? That's it, that's the pattern.

Andy is overwhelmed with the simplicity of the scarf pattern.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Very good......

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful mitt! I'd love the pattern; it's turned cold here and my mitts from last year are really, really pilly! Malabrigo is very soft, but not very practical for mitts!

    Love the picture of Andy; wouldn't it be great if we could get even half as comfy as a kitty can?

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Good luch on the interviews!

    And love the colorway on the mitt, too.

    Word verification: pation - sounds so Canadian yarn, doesn't it?

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Pooch said…

    You are very productive with beautiful knits to show for it. Hope everything goes well in your job search.

    :)

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Are you in a blue phase right now? ;^)

    Fingers crossed!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Marsha said…

    I love the crochet hat you did for your buddy. Pattern to be posted? hint hint hint
    I really like the simplicity of the scarf pattern as well. THanks for posting.
    And poor, poor Andy..........such a hard life for a poor unfortunate feline. LOL
    Best Wishes for the upcoming interviews.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    The AGK is most impressed with Andy's napping. He is inspired, even! He vows to practice more so he can compete with such greatness.

    Love the knitting. I know you should go back to work and all. But I'll miss all the knitting...

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'd really like to have the knitted wrist warmers please(:
    caitlinjewell11@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home