The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Follow The Pattern, Stupid

The too small "Fetching" fingerless gloves found a new home with the House Of Torture's V.P. of Marketing today. She's one of the few people I know who actually appreciates handknitted items. I gave her my version of "My So Called Scarf" about two months ago and not a week goes by that she doesn't wear it. So she was quite thrilled to find out that I had fat hands while she had petite. She wore them all day. Can't ask for much more than that.


And I am extremely happy to report that actually following the pattern will result in a pair of gloves that fit. I'll try to get a better picture of the stitch detail once glove #2 is finished. However, allow me to go on record as saying I adore this pattern. I can see a number of pairs of these in my future. I may even follow the pattern again.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Following the pattern? Tou trendsetter, you.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you found someone who they not only fit, but who appreciates them!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I've always said, getting something to fit is the hardest part of knitting. Only two tries to get it right is pretty good. Really.

    Looks nice, and you made someone happy into the bargain, so I'd say it was a success even if they didn't fit.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh pretty!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Always good to keep the vp's happy! Glad they went to a good and appreciative home.

    Following the pattern, you say? I always mean to...I just forget.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home