The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Me Wednesday

Tami, the Oh So Clever person behind FO Fridays also hosts WIP Wednesday. Isn't that kind of her? To provide one forum for a blog post is wonderful but two? Nobel Peace Prize I'm looking at you. So here is my W.I.P for this week. It will come as no surprise to anyone, I'm sure, that's it's a HAT.

Isn't that an artistic photo? No? Anyhoo, this is a very special hat. Because I have finally found an alternative to wool that I actually like to knit with. I am pleased as punch. The yarn is Knit One Crochet Too's "Babyboo". It's a DK weight that knits more like a worsted and it's 55% nylon and 45% bamboo, 115 yards. Plus it was only $5.75 a ball. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll be able to get an adult's hat out of one skein but I'm hoping. The bamboo gives it a bit of a sheen and it has fantastic stitch definition. This one is a KEEPER.

The pattern itself is the Plain Roll Brimmed Hat Doesn't that eloquent name just make you want to grab your needles and get to work? Did I mention how soft this yarn is? Like baby bum soft. Like little rattie tummy soft. Like apparently I have lost my mind. And now that you're seen my fascinating Work-In-Progress why don't you jump over to Tami's blog and check out the rest?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That yarn looks amazing. And I bet the hat will come out amazing too

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Yarn coma said…

    That color is lovely. I really do love bamboo yarns, though I haven't had the opportunity (yet) to work with many. Cotton BamBoo and Wool Bam Boo by classic elite are two that intrigue me.

     
  • At 2:48 AM, Blogger Charly Harries said…

    I've never tried bamboo yarns, but it does sound amazing! The colour is just... wow!

    x

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Tami Klockau said…

    The link in the Mister Linky wasn't working, so I was able to just fix it for you. Sorry I couldn't get to it earlier, but this is the first I've been online since posting the WIPW post.

    Anyway, that yarn looks awesome! I have a ball of that company's sock yarn that I'm dying to use. So glad you like the DK weight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home