The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Keep It, Throw It, Box It

I was looking for a particular skein of yarn today (clickity biggity for a larger picture of the disaster). Can you tell I was having a hard time finding it? It wouldn't have been such a big deal except I'd sold that particular skein on Ravelry. People aren't really impressed when you take their money and then go, "Dang, can't find your yarn!"

So it seemed like just as good a time as any to do the biannual yarn organization. Things had gotten seriously out of hand. Fingering weight was in the worsted weight bin, there were multiple Michaels' bags stuffed in the closet, there were 8 million tiny little half skeins and a whole lot of ugly. Plus a few surprises.

Apparently my love for Wool-Ease is out of hand since I had one complete bin full of it when all was said and done. OK, there may have been 3 or 4 balls of Vanna's Choice in there as well but jeepers, lotta Wool-Ease. Also, I probably have the world's largest collection of single balls. There are maybe six colorways I have more than one ball in. And then the number goes up to ... two balls. My sock yarn stash is also looking rather pitiful (relatively speaking). A few W.I.P.'s took the opportunity to make themselves known. I quickly buried those under some ickrylic.

Speaking of which, I managed to fill a small moving box full of charity yarn for my friend Cindy's group, Hugs 'N Stitches. And I filled a garbage bag full of really, really horrible yarn. I know, I know, it's sacrilege to throw out yarn. But this stuff truly made me shudder. Either the color was disgusting (I obviously shop for yarn with my eyes closed sometimes), it was mangled beyond repair (thanks Andy) or I was misled by the yarn content (I'm looking at you Spud 'N Chloe).

Tomorrow: The Dining Room Table!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    One word: stripes. Single balls are really good for stripes. You can even mix them all up in a prime number or Fibonacci sequence!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i never tried spud and chloe but id love too lol if you didn't toss it send it my way!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the yarn, girlfriend. The ladies love it when new stuff comes in!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home