The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Wrap Deja Vu

Hey, it's like reading yesterday's post all over again. Yep, it's another Wheelchair Wrap. I love this pattern, can you tell? It's so ridiculously easy to do yet I think it makes quite a pretty shawl. I am ten rows away from finishing the third one and I have the yarn to make four more.

I used *cough*Red Heart Soft*cough* to make this one. Let me tell you, there's nothing "soft" about Red Heart Soft. Think boat twine with a sheen. But nursing homes seem to like acrylic and let me tell ya, this IS acrylic. I think, in the event of a nuclear blast, you could probably use this wrap as a shield. Because not only is it ickrylic, it weighs a flipping ton. Well perhaps not a ton, but it's heavy.

In other news, January 27th marks the 5th anniversary of this here blog. 5th? 4th? If I started it on Jan. 27th, 2006 is this the 5th anniversary? I'm not so good with the anniversary calculations. Anyways, I imagine there will be a contest. And then of course, next month is the birthday month which means I need to figure out some charity contest and oh my goodness, I think my head is going to explode from all this thinking.

Maybe I'll give away some rats! Like ... Celeste! Who has suddenly gotten all lumpy which means a trip to the vet. As some of you may recall, Celeste is the Holy Terror of my Rat Pack and was put on this earth to give me nothing but grief. She's quite outdone herself this time around though. And perhaps we'll give away Tink who likes to "taste" various parts of one's face. With her teeth.

Nah, I'll just give away yarn.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Well done on the wrap. Ickrylic sure is heavy, isn't it? My new million dollar sweater is 100% lambswool and weighs less than a newborn lambie.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Acrylic is easy to wash and dry, it doesn't shrink either!! That's a lot of blogging, I think I have been blogging for a while, yes, since 2004. Wow!! We are dedicated!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home