The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

Not much to report today. Here's a scarf I finished last year. It seems like it took forever but according to my notes on Ravelry, it was about six weeks.

It's the Double Bump Scarf which I knit using Wisdom Yarn's "Poems". It's a relatively inexpensive yarn that tries to emulate Noro but without the extreme thick / thin thing that Noro has going on. Less roughage as well. The pattern was fun to do but I had a hard time watching TV and knitting it at the same time. But then, I'm kinda stupid like that. The pattern also makes a nice dishcloth if you're in need of a dishcloth.

Bought two more books on writing today on Amazon. Because I already own about 30 books on writing. Hope springs eternal and all that rot. But these are more "writing in your journal" oriented. I think I only have about 15 books on that subject.

And finally ... further proof that my being crowned "The Crazy Rat Lady" isn't far off - I went out for dinner tonight and got an extra order of mashed potatoes and gravy to take home for the rats. Yeah, I'm frightened too.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I am whispering that I don't really like Noro all that much, it does seem thick and thin and has bits in it.
    Your scarf is lovely, that bump patter is very nice.
    I don;t see anything wrong with a doggy bag for The Ratties!!!

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Had no idea that rats enjoy potatoes and gravy.

    Magellan likes chocolate, though, as evidenced by him tasting someone's fingers after a cookie one day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home