The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Oops

It has been a prickly week, no doubt about it. Work is NOT going well and if I could jump ship right this instant, believe me, I would. But alas, there are cats, rats and fish that need food so I'm stuck here for now. Not to mention that my green card has expired so any job hunting is on hold until I come up with the $450.00 to renew it. So that's my excuse for not blogging for a week.

Last Sunday I actually made something in the crock pot! Yay, April! I made Meat Lover's Spaghetti Sauce. It was OK. Not great, but OK. I don't think I'll make it again though. Although I did learn that marjoram plus ground beef is a definite win. I don't know that I'm crazy about the way ground beef seems to separate into little tiny bits when it's cooked for a long period of time. I did brown it beforehand but still ... little tiny bits.

Tomorrow I'm making Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Isn't that exciting? But no celery, ick, I don't like celery in beef stew.

In knitting news, I'm working on Woolly Wormhead's Meret beret. I thought I was finished on Wednesday but then OOPS, screwed up on the decreases. I am soooo decrease challenged it's not even funny. I think the key, when knitting hats on 2 circs, is to switch to DPN's on the decreases even though you don't really need to. At least I hope that works for me. Also, chatting at Knit Night when you're doing decreases on a lace hat is never a good idea.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't you love Allrecipes.com? I will be making a pot roast in my crock pot and I will be adding celery.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    You are right abou the dpn helpng with decreasing, I always like to use them, especially for the decreases, it takes all the tricky thinking out of the equation.
    I am always striving to have my mince NOT be in chunks, it is the bane of our cooking existence here!! Well doe on using your slow cooker!!
    I like celery a lot. I made celery, onion, zucchini, carrot and beef kind of long cooked stir fry the other day. Yum

     

Post a Comment

<< Home