The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here We Go Again ...

Yes, it's another Wheelchair Wrap. Number three for those of you keeping count. This is my favorite one so far. I love the color of the yarn (Dusty Purple) and I think this particular yarn (Vanna's Choice) lends itself well to the pattern. It's very cuddly and squishy. However, I used an "I" hook instead of my regular "H" and the shawl is a little on the large side. Plus I ran out of yarn with one and a half rows left to crochet so I think I'm going back to an "H". Fascinating, I know.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to make at least one meal a week in the crock pot. Here it is the 12th of January and I've made squat. But all of that is going to change! CindyLouWho brought me this awesome cookbook tonight, all for my very own, and I'm excited!

There are like a bazillion recipes in this book, with multiple versions of some dishes. That way if you don't like Mary's take on chili, you can try Linda's. I really, really need to start cooking again; as much as I love Stouffers it's gettin' kind of old. And really, how much work is it to cook stuff in a crock pot?

And the gifts just kept on coming tonight at Knit Night. Kerry brought me three skeins of Wool-Ease which will make wonderful hats for the Rez. So hooray for good friends and another finished WIP!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Damn and blast, but it was worth a try!!
    Oh a cook book is a good start!!! Chilli is always good in a slow cooker.

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I think I am sensing a theme here...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home