The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, October 18, 2010

TGFF

Thank God for weekend football. If it wasn't for football I'd probably never get anything finished. Fortunately I've gotten into the habit of watching college football on Saturday afternoon and NFL games on Sunday afternoon. You can get a lot accomplished watching football.

Here's another hat just like the other hat I posted last week. It's the Crochet Watchman Cap (Rav link) again. I had hoped that by dropping down to an "H" hook that the hat would look a little less sloppy, maybe a bit more "refined" if a hat can be called refined. But no such luck. Thus, I have come to the conclusion that I prefer to make knitted hats even though I hate circular needles. But that's OK, because I have my wonderful Comfort Zone needles that the lovely Valerie gave me four years ago. I love my Comfort Zone needles for hats. They're bendy, they come in great colors and they're long enough that the stitches don't slip off. Did I mention they're inexpensive? A set of US 7's costs like $5.50. And a set consists of six needles.

I also finished a scarf this weekend but I'm saving that for the next post. Try to contain your excitement.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    My brother-in-law CajunGuy is a seafaring type and he swears that the guys on the ship were all after the JIT Hat I knit him a couple of years ago. Multi-layers on the ears. Said they don't care how they look as long as they are warm, though. So thick and unrefined should not be a problem.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I think it is very nice, but I prefer knitting because I can't crochet and watch TV!!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Aren't those Comfort Zones crazy? I was really suspicious of them at first but now I like them a lot.

    I think this hat looks pretty sharp actually, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home