The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Octopus Scarf

I had such high hopes for this scarf. The pattern was a lot of fun to do and really fast. In fact I had the first half done in a day. And then it struck me. I'm knitting a very long fuschia tentacle. What were supposed to be cables actually look like suckers to me. Don't they look like suckers to you?

Fortunately the scarf is reversible so instead of wearing a Sucker Scarf you could wear just a regular ol' scarf. How disappointing. I suppose if I went with a bigger hook size the cables might not be so prominent. I won't bother to link the pattern unless someone in my "blog audience" should happen to be a marine biologist, in which case an Octopus Scarf might be something they'd like. Regardless, I've added this scarf to the pile. I think this is number 11 but frankly, I have no idea.

Frequent Buyer Pot Card

Of course there could be other reasons why I think this scarf looks like a tentacle.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yes, they totally look octopussy!! That is weird!!

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Now that's just wrong. Wrong.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I am dying, here. Seriously gasping for breath between chortles. First the octopus tentacle and then your frequent buyer card...DYING!!!!!!! (I actually kind of like the scarf but once you see the octopus it's hard to "unsee" it)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home