The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Time Warp

I went to Friday night knitting tonight. And I left there feeling like I've been living on a different planet for the last two years. Someone's gotten married. Someone has had a baby. My friend, Phyllis, turned 85 two weeks ago and is still knitting up a storm. Marie now has three grandchildren, not just one. What the hell? Apparently I've been a hermit longer than I thought I had.

Granted, I've always been a bit of a loner. I like, no need, a lot of time to myself. (See previous post regarding aversion to noise). But this might be a bit ridiculous. Part of it is my job. My daily commute is roughly 27 miles each way. And when you work with insane people day in and day out it kind of drains you. Plus there's a few rats around here requiring attention. But jeebus, three grandchildren when I was sure I saw Marie two months ago and she only had one? That's not biologically possible. And I am supremely bummed that I missed Phyllis' 85th birthday. Even if I am sure she'll outlive us all.

I think I probably need to start getting out more.

I took today off work in the hopes of getting a least one slipper knitted. So that I could knit it's mate tomorrow and send them off to Dawn, who is coordinating the Pine Ridge Elder's Christmas extravaganza. Nope. Not even close. Either I'm burnt out on knitting slipper socks or I've temporarily lost my focus. This is a picture of one of the pair I finished last night. Wool-Ease again. I think it's Dark Rose Heather or some such thing. That's Bob and Doug's cage in the background; it's kind of hard to get a picture of anything around here without a rat cage in it. Anyway, I'd best get back at it. Rumor has it Dawn needs 40 children's scarves by August 20th ...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    My word, you look away for a few months and everything changes. Nice slipper socks!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home