The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh You Poor Things

Blogtoberfest begins in just two days and I'm gettin' on the bus! Which, considering that this blog went dark from like March until August, is quite the claim to be making. But I'm looking at it as a warm-up for November, which is when National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) begins. It's not that I don't like to blog, because I do. It's that I *forget*. I was all ready last night with a more or less fully formed post in my head and then I sat down and started watching "Deadliest Catch" and Phil was in the ER with a blood clot in his lung and Keith had to hire a new greenhorn because he fired that stupid Moi and then Andy and Johnathan promoted their brother Neal to a full time job as engineer so he didn't have to work on deck any more because Neal's not getting any younger and Johnathan got whacked in the head with a picking hook and ... then it was time for bed. And thank God there's only one more season of Deadliest Catch out on DVD or nothing would get done.

So basically I need to SCHEDULE a blog writing time and stick to it. Not to mention posting a bunch of signs around my apartment saying, "Don't Forget To Blog!". And I'll need to start carrying my camera with me wherever I go because you can only steal pictures off the Innernets so many times before people get wise to you. Also, I should probably adopt 2 or 3 more rats so I can post about them as well. Because everyone loves animal pictures and speaking of which ...

I'm in negotiations with someone from Craigslist to adopt a rat SIMILAR to this one (I stole this picture off the Innernets). His name is Ratoncito which leads me to believe he is a Hispanic rat. Anyway, Ratoncito has sort of been passed around his entire life as a class pet and the school teacher who currently has him really doesn't have time for him. Plus her dog thinks Ratoncito is a play toy. Not to mention poor Ratoncito has been on Craigslist for forever and I really need to stop reading the Adoptable Pets forum. Also, I'm very concerned about Spike's mental health because ratties really do need friends and even though Spike has rat aggression issues it's only when he has to share a cage. And Ratoncito comes with his own cage. Free! So yeah, I think I just justified getting another rat, don't you?

Oh crap, maybe I should have saved that last little bit for October. Dang.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You definitely HAVE to adopt Ratoncito! The animals should be good for at least 3/4 of the month!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I meant to say "3/4 of the month's posts". The animals will be good for many more years!!!!

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Neatnik's been reading a series written by a class hamster. Maybe you should do some homework/background reading?

    Betty G Birney's Humphrey series.

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    Happy to see you back in blogging mode for whatever the reason - and btw I think you missed one lot of adorable baby goaty photos from about two weeks ago - the 21st I think ... go ... now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home